Northrop Grumman Principal Mfg Analyst in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Principle Manufacturing Analyst (OA) to provide leadership to our Nozzle Value Steam team at our Promontory campus .
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Operations Analyst is responsible for administrative assignments and implementation of improvement initiatives associated with the Nozzle Value Stream. The primary responsibility for this position is to support the Nozzle Value Stream Director, Managers and VSET Leaders in understanding and integrating actions for cost vs. budget and shop floor performance to customer expectation. This strategic planning and executing role will also provide efforts to liaison between the MPS and shop floor level 5 schedule execution. This position also will help with strategic manpower planning needs for the next 5 years and beyond. Also required is the Identification of systemic improvements needed for establishing overall manufacturing stability, and driving cost and monthly labor forecasting improvements for this key NGIS objective. The primary responsibility for this position is to support the Nozzle Value Stream Director, Managers and VSET Leaders in understanding and integrating actions for future demand vs. capacity planning. This strategic planning and executing role is for facility and tooling capital as well as manpower needs for the next 5 years and beyond. Also required is the Identification/support of work team members for systemic improvements needed for establishing overall manufacturing stability, and driving improvement for this key NGIS objective.
• Create and improve area tools and systems designed to support manufacturing stability and efficiency.
• Understand demand vs. capacity for the NVS, create and execute plans to support future needs.
• Analyze Operational Availability data and develop plans with support groups for readiness to execute to future demands.
• Identify opportunities for mistake proofing and create innovative solutions for Quality Improvement.
• Develop/support innovative solutions to improve and simplify work.
• Develop/support and implement process improvement initiatives. Provide coaching and support for improvement activities throughout the work center.
• Communicate effectively, initiate and drive necessary actions to completion that ensure organizational goals are accomplished.
• Develop knowledge and expertise to be considered a strategic SME for the work areas.
• Resolve functional or process related problems/issues and makes sound business decisions.
• Work closely with VSET leaders and across all Programs to understand future demand and timing
• Lead Operations Teams through capacity analysis for the NVS and understand the future business needs required to meet company objectives
• Work closely with Program Management and Operations Leadership to drive needed improvements and investment.
• Manufacturing experience including familiarity with demand vs. capacity analysis
• Program/Project Management experience is an asset for this position
• Verifiable lean manufacturing (PES) implementation experience that includes problem solving, and leading project teams to improve flow and standardize processes.
• Expertise in NG systems planning systems, Costpoint, and metric systems for data analysis and improvements.
• Working knowledge of Power BI, Share point and MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
• Program Launch and or development experience
• Knowledge of and experience with Rocket Motor component assembly.
• Machine Shop knowledge and experience
• Working with support group personnel, (Maintenance, Safety, Engineering, Production Planning, Quality, etc.)
• History of effective liaison work with Program Management and Operations Sr. Leadership
• Successful leadership of work teams to achieve company and department objectives.
• Program/Project Management experience
• Capital Budget process management, and understanding of Program timing and delegation processes
• Knowledge of Supply Chain systems with regards to overall capacity as related to performance of a Value Stream
Skills & Qualifications:
• A demonstrated commitment to Safety, and safety improvements.
• An understanding of and practical experience implementing lean manufacturing and (PES) principles.
• Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Time management, organizational and planning skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• Comprehend and interpret high level Program Schedules and factory schedules
• BS/BA degree in Business or Technical field and 6 years related experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production