Northrop Grumman Technician Team Supv in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Technician Team Supervisor to provide support to our Promontory Nozzle Operations group.
The Technician Team Supervisor leads a team of technicians. Performing various activities including precision mating of liners to metals components, concentric and flatness must be establish and set to specific dimensions. Establish mating datum's to bring components together in a repeating orientation to each other by used of set blocks and shims. Use of small measuring tools to .001 inch tolerance.
Work with complex geometry liners that need to be positioned within a thousand of an inch while also controlling radial alignment, height and degree positioning. Bond components by applying adhesives to the appropriate thickness and consistency. Mating of components is to be accomplished to eliminate air entrapment into the bond line. Prepare tensile panels that represent part bond line. Perform bond line vacuum fill as performed by R & D technicians.
Mate subassemblies by verifying surface finish applying lubrication and the required O-rings or wiper seals control flatness and concentricity during mating operation. For some program perform leak test of mated joints to ensure integrity of seals. Bond and install temperature instrumentation and grounding cables. Verify continuity of ground cables and instrumentation.
Support R &D and test area technicians by assisting and training them in the processes of sealant application, back fill of cavities and mating of hydro test hardware and tooling.
Also support other work areas vacuum bagging of components, molding either composite or rubber vulcanization, the processing of composite materials and tape wrap processes.
Coordinating weekly schedules and understanding material usage. Work will involve working closely with process engineering and functional VSET leaders.
The potential candidate will support a variety of activities including:
• Enforce all PPE and safety requirements in your facilities. Know who is in you area and what they are doing. Assure SIS activates and work area checklists are complete.
• Assure the work being performed is per planning.
• Know ESI, EPIC and the quality system.
• Ensure technicians are trained to perform the work expected of them and provide mentoring / training for less experienced technicians. Assure your team's "Learning Exchange" is up to date.
• Ownership of facilities and the day to day activities associated with Nozzle Operations.
• Uses and is responsible for tracking calibration and location of various technical tools and property.
• Develop work plans with assignments to ensure work is accomplished to schedule and workloads are balanced
• Take on responsibilities for special projects as assigned by the Manager and plan scope and schedule with little or no direction
• Manage the work center by ensuring supplies and tools are available when needed and the facilities are clean and safe
• Ensure annual objectives are specified in support of department and company objectives
• Provide input on performance assessments (mid-year and end of year minimum)
• Provide continuous feedback on performance (reward, coach and discipline)
• Perform Manager work as assigned
• 2 year Associate degree in a technical field. High school with 10 years' experience in the noted job responsibilities may be considered.
• 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing / test environment, to include experience in a leadership role.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to lead a project (plan scope, budget, and schedule)
• Demonstrated ability to coach less senior technicians
• Demonstrated capability to lead other manufacturing technicians
• Highly proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
• Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong problem solving ability
• Willingness to meet customer needs
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
Job Category : Technical Support