BWAY Corporation Maintenance Supervisor in Cedar City, UT at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Cedar City, Utah
Plant Name: Cedar City
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership and supervision to the Maintenance production team engaged in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production equipment. Strives to ensure safety, quality and maximum production efficiencies in order to meet and support the manufacturing facility’s overall OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) goals.
- Oversees, plans and issues work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance.
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance activities with the production and scheduling departments as necessary.
- Remains active on the floor including providing any “hands-on” trouble shooting and maintenance of production equipment.
- Enforces all plant rules, monitors attendance and provides corrective action (discipline) as necessary.
- Generates maintenance logs and any documents related to operating metrics such as OEE.
- Conducts safety inspections of work areas, examines tools/equipment, facilitates safety training to prevent, identify and correct unsafe conditions or violation of safety procedures and rules.
- Prepares purchase requisitions in order to request any materials and supplies such as tools, equipment and replacement parts. May maintain spare parts inventory dependent on location.
- May interface with vendors and suppliers as necessary to discuss products used in repair work and/or projects that need to be completed.
- Participates in Lean Manufacturing practices such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
- Fosters a positive working environment and drives Maintenance team to meet set productivity targets and performance standards.
- Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
- Plans and coordinates the installation and removal of plant equipment.
- Ensures Maintenance employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs to include safety, quality and production. Recommends and coordinates any safety and technical training.
- Serves as back-up to Maintenance Manager when they are not available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree and/or technical school certification
- Experience with electrical trouble shooting and repair
- At least one year of experience leading/supervising in a manufacturing operation
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and ability to be a team player
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills
- Has the ability to multi-task, prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office Proficiency; SAP knowledge preferred
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 14/9/2020