ICU Medical Inspector/Packer, Lead (Rotating 12 Hour Night Shift) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Inspector/Packer Lead (Night Shift Rotating 12 Hour Schedule)
6:00 PM to 6:30 AM
The Inspector/Packer Lead position will inspect, weigh, package, and sort out defective medical molded plastic components as required. This individual will enter data into various data bases and forms. The individual will build work order packets, close work orders, direct daily tasks to Inspector/Packers and train new employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Keep work area clean.
• Must have excellent dexterity to manually assemble small parts using hand tools, fixtures, and/or equipment and sort product for defects as required.
• Visual inspection of product to ensure good quality, using various types of magnification
• Complete production records and work order documentation as needed
• Perform work order set ups in electronic batch record, data acquisition, and inventory management systems
• Weigh count, package and label finished product
• May assist supervisor with assigning team members Inspector/Packers to work areas
• Train current and new Inspector/Packers
• Monitor other Inspector/Packers for accuracy of work (documentation, operation of scales)
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Able to read and understand procedures
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Able access a computer and perform basic functions in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with inventory management systems
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous experience desirable
• Must be 18 years of age
• Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Work is performed in a clean room environment
• Must be able to perform visual inspections with and without the aid of magnification tools.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time; depending on the machine they are operating
• Operator is required to use computer or touch screen to enter work order data
• Must be able to occasionally move and lift objects of up to 30 lbs
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Title: Inspector/Packer, Lead (Rotating 12 Hour Night Shift)
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 21300141