ICU Medical Manager, Continuous Improvement in Salt Lake City, Utah
Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading and driving process improvement activities throughout the operation. As a member of the plant leadership team the continuous improvement manager will lead and drive strategy deployment in support of plant and ICU Medical objectives. The Continuous Improvement Manager will be compiling information into operational reports and lead meetings with other departments to drive operational improvements including the best optimization of labor cost, production volume and efficiency utilizing the appropriate lean tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Partner with plant teams to eliminate waste, reduce process/product variation, and reduce operational costs through the application of Continuous Improvement tools.
• Participates with peers and appropriate teams to gain agreement on value-added focal areas for the plants.
• Assures compliance with company policies and regulations
• Create and manage continuous improvement budget.
• Facilitate best practice sharing from Lean Six Sigma projects. Solving complex problems by thinking in terms of scenarios, carefully considers all the pros and cons, and driving to the optimal solution for all stakeholders involved.
• Facilitate short and long-term strategy deployment and goal setting.
• Plan and facilitate continuous training such as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt training, Value Stream Mapping, TPM, etc.,
• Lead and report on plant 6S activities
• Prepares weekly/monthly CI charts to help drive productivity improvements. Supports process and quality improvement initiatives, looking for ways to improve efficiencies and reduce costs. Utilizes creativity and knowledge to recommend work process design.
• Assumes leadership role in the identification and resolution of various problems affecting production related projects
• Work on special projects as they arise
• Actively demonstrating support through interactions with solid communication skills, attitude, dedication, commitment, respect, pride and trust.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement, champions ideas, and promotes cross-functional connections to implement solutions
• Help plan and direct the layout of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Analytical mind with experience in manufacturing (Engineering, Operations).
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Highly energetic self-starter.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience in a manufacturing production environment.
• Understands the manufacturing process thoroughly, and has reasonable expectations as to what can be accomplished in a certain timeframe
• Is flexible and able to react to changes as needed
• Must be able to read and understand procedures
• Must proficient with a computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills
• Highly disciplined, problem-solver, logical thinking, troubleshooting team player with a strong work ethic
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Education and Experience
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Business Ops, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• Strong focus in project management, preferably in Lean and Six Sigma (Black Belt certification preferred)
• Min 5 years’ experience in Production, Engineering, Quality or Materials preferred
• Must be 18 years of age
• Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Work is performed in a clean room environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time; depending on the machine they are operating
• Operator is required to use computer or touch screen to enter work order data
• Must be able to occasionally move and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Title: Manager, Continuous Improvement
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 20300600