ICU Medical Manager, Production in Salt Lake City, Utah
Manager - Production (Manual and Automation Assembly)
The Manager of Production (Manual and Automation Assembly) is responsible for the accomplishment of the production schedule through the manufacturing of high quality products on time and at budgeted cost. This will be achieved by providing production leadership and through the coordination of working with key cross function departments including; Molding, Materials Management, Maintenance, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates with peers, superiors and subordinates in achieving key metrics that drive performance and improvements.
• Participates in the development of key departmental metrics.
• Provides direct supervision and guidance to the Production Supervisors in the department.
• Ensures all personnel are trained with the necessary competencies to perform assigned work.
• Assures compliance with company policies and regulations.
• Responsible for maintaining personnel per the budgeted headcount.
• Reviews and approves personnel changes in the department including hiring, firing, discipline, transfers and promotions.
• Provides leadership in Employee Safety
• Anticipates and reacts to shortage of materials, equipment problems and personnel concerns to avoid negative impact on production goals and objectives.
• Supports process improvements, meets or exceeds cost reduction goals and develops programs for implementation.
• Assumes leadership role in the identification and resolution of various problems affecting production.
• Performs these and other duties as necessary or required, the inclusion of which will not alter the basic scope of the position.
• Regularly interacts with senior management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
• Coordinate activities to ensure departmental compliance to all Federal, State, Local and Company regulatory requirements. These elements include FDA, EPA, OSHA, ISO, EEOC and Company policies relative to the manufacture of product, lot control requirements, documentation requirements, housekeeping, preventative maintenance, calibration, associate training and safety (equipment, associate and material).
• Perform these and other duties as necessary or required, the inclusion of which will not alter the basic scope of the position
• Actively demonstrating support through interactions with solid communication skills, attitude, dedication, commitment, respect, pride and trust.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Comprehensive knowledge of technical service practices, processes, procedures and production support activities including efficiency levels and productivity standards
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrated success in implementing large-scale improvements and changes in complex and diverse environments
• Proficient computer skills and familiarity with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and business control software (Oracle)
• Ability to manage projects and activities in multiple locations with diverse groups of people
• Strong leadership and motivational skills and the ability to develop leadership qualities in others
• Ability to coordinate and organize multiple projects simultaneously
• Well-developed analytical skills and knowledge of analysis techniques that assist in report preparation for decision-making purposes
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3-4 years of experience in Manufacturing leadership
• A minimum of 3 years of high volume manufacturing related experience in manufacturing facility with demonstrated skills in effective management, planning, supervision, administration and associate relations. Prefer background in Medical Device manufacturing environment.
• Must be 18 years of age
• Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Work is performed in a clean room environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to occasionally move and lift objects of up to 25 lbs
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Title: Manager, Production
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 20300543