Northrop Grumman Precision Electromechanical Assembler 1 in Salt Lake City, Utah
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors. Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality
at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Fiber Optic Gyros (FOG) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Precision Electromechanical Assembler 1 (1st Shift) based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You'll get to Do:
• Perform wiring and component installation and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling
units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
• May perform mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
• Expected to work with various chemicals and solvents for long periods.
• Complete part marking and simple continuity checks on work in process and completed units.
• Work from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations in addition
to using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
• High School diploma or equivalent and 0 years additional education and/or related experience.
• Must possess basic, verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.
• Able to achieve J-STD-001 certification.
• Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
• Must be able to perform assembly techniques in order to make modifications, reworks and assemblies.
• J-STD-001 solder certification or equivalent soldering skills.
• Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production