ICU Medical Process Technician (Rotating 12 Hour Night Shift) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Process Technician (Rotating 12 Hour Night Shift)
12 hour rotating shift pattern - Nights
6:00PM to 6:30AM
Under direct supervision, this individual will perform a broad range of tasks involving molding production support. This includes equipment and process set-up, troubleshooting production problem. Additional responsibilities include the performance of simple maintenance and preparing written manufacturing instruction documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Set up tools as outlined in the Molding process data sheets.
• Perform basic troubleshooting when answering machine alarms
• Perform startups and provide all related documentation appropriately filled out
• Trouble-shoot quality/part issues by confirming plastic conditions, root cause analysis to determine true root causes using problem solving approach (5y’s, fishbone etc.)
• Participate on continuous improvement projects
• Under supervision, optimize part extraction (end-of-arm robot extraction tooling) and part containment
• At startup, ensure injection molding machines, and supporting automated systems, are set to parameters contained within the MPLS’s, (KPC’s)
• Assure defects are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
• Work in conjunction with the Quality department to maintain/improve process control
• Coordinate activities to ensure departmental compliance to all Federal, State, Local and Company regulatory requirements. These elements include FDA, EPA, OSHA, ISO, EEOC and Company policies relative to the manufacture of product, lot control requirements, documentation requirements, housekeeping, preventative maintenance, calibration, associate training and safety (equipment, associate and material).
• Follow all safety guidelines of the molding area including utilization of PPE.
• Complete RJG Systematic-1 includes Decoupled 2 Workshop
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Must be a creative problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot a variety of processing issues.
• Basic Tooling and Injection Molding Machine Knowledge
• Experience operating Hand Lift.
• Experience setting tools using the overhead crane.
• Knows how to operate, prepare, and set up an Injection Molding Machine for Start Up and Shut Down.
• Material Handling knowledge and experience.
• Ability to comply with work requirements with little supervision
• Shows the ability to follow standardized work instructions
• Basic Knowledge in Blueprint reading.
• Basic knowledge of Scientific molding methodologies.
• Basic knowledge of takeout robots
• Good written and verbal communications skills
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 Years of experience in Med Device or Productions or similar experience
• Injection molding experience as a Setup Technician preferred
• Must be 18 years of age
• Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Work is performed in a clean room environment
• While performing the duties of this job and depending on the machine they are operating, the employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time. Additionally, bending, stooping, twisting and other movements are required
• Operator is required to use computer or touch screen to enter work order data
• Must be able to occasionally move and lift objects of up to 35 lbs
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Title: Process Technician (Rotating 12 Hour Night Shift)
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 21300033