University of Utah Senior Associate Director of Admissions for Operations, Processing and Application Review in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 02/09/2021
Requisition Number PRN25264B
Job Title Assoc Dir, Education
Working Title Senior Associate Director of Admissions for Operations, Processing and Application Review
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday- Friday 8am-5pm. This is an exempt position and hours may periodically go above 40 hours/week and require working early mornings, evenings, as well as travel.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $75,000 to $80,500
Open Until Filled Yes
This position provides strategic leadership and innovative insight over the Admissions Processing and Operations arm of the University of Utah, Office of Admissions. Working under the direction of the Executive Director of Admissions, this role will regularly audit the efficiency of all application processing and review of application materials. This position oversees the undergraduate holistic application review process, as well as the high volume of graduate processing. In addition, this role will lead the office on matters of International review with our global partners, In-State Residency qualification, and document imaging. Manages important relationships within Enrollment Management and across campus to ensure that we are meeting our enrollment goals.
• Work collaboratively with a large team to identify the efficiencies and areas for improvement with the processing and review of all degree and non-degree programs
• Utilize CRM technology effectively to meet the needs of a growing applicant pool.
• Analyze application data as we aim to make thoughtful and realistic enrollment goals and projections.
• Work closely with the Systems team to enhance our use of admissions processing software and technology. Ensure the timely release of admissions decisions.
• Manage the undergraduate application review process, including the distribution of file loads, and keeping the office on track to meet all reading goals for admissions and merit scholarship consideration.
• Oversee all graduate admissions processing, which includes thoughtful coordination with various academic departments across campus.
• Collaborate with our partner, Utah Global, to maintain an effective evaluation process for International students. Monitor the timely processing of I-20 documents.
• Become familiar with Utah legislation that dictates our students’ eligibility for in-state Residency.
• Manage a large staff of supervisors, evaluators, seasonal workers, and student clerks.
• Oversee document imaging
• Serve on the Senior Management Team, which discusses office wide policies, effective supervision of staff, and the overall strategic vision of the Office of Admissions.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree plus six years of progressively more responsible experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree preferred. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Masters preferred. Knowledge and experience with Slate is preferred. Experience with holistic application review preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.